COVID-19 Public Statement
(Woodstock, GA, April 2, 2020 - 5:00PM)
First Baptist Woodstock Family:
Our Leadership Team continues to monitor the reports from our local, state, and national governments. We are prayerfully considering each suggestion as it relates to our church family and our community. We aim to be proactive leaders who cling to the wisdom of God in such a unique moment in our nation’s history. In light of recent and new executive orders and advice from our state authorities, here is the updated plan for action as it relates to many areas of our ministry:
- All gatherings on campus are suspended through April 30, 2020.
- Join us each Sunday for our high-quality, live online worship experience at 11AM.
- We will continue to minister to the deaf community by accessing a link for live interpreters. You can find that link on our homepage at fbcw.org or by clicking HERE.
- You can watch live on our website, app, social media platforms, or just click HERE.
- All on-campus activities and events are suspended through April 30, 2020.
How Do We Plan to Minister to our Community?
- Our staff will continue to offer three mid-week devotions, available on-demand, for you and your family to watch at fbcw.org/on-demand and on our social media platforms.
- You can always access RightNow Media® content at any point to use for Bible Studies and Kids Programing. This is an incredible tool that we offer our members free of charge. If you do not have an account you can sign up HERE.
- We have plenty of resources and content for you and your whole family! Check out all we have to offer on our Family Resources page HERE.
- A weekly schedule of all church-wide online events will be posted each week on our website and social media platforms.
The Importance of Giving
The history of giving at First Baptist Woodstock in times of unrest is amazing. I’m inspired by the faithfulness of this Body of Christ to the mission of the Church! Your giving during this unprecedented time has been so encouraging to our staff teams! It reminds us we serve the best church, made up of the best people, on the planet!
As a church body, your tithe is extremely important, and we ask that you continue to give faithfully in this area. All of your giving during this unprecedented time will strengthen our church to minister to the people of our own community and beyond. Even as we go through the global pandemic of COVID-19, we know that eternity is at stake and the Gospel of Jesus is our only hope.
Ways to Give:
- ONLINE - You can give your tithes and additional financial contributions online at fbcw.org/give.
- IN PERSON - If you prefer to bring your tithes/offerings to the church, you can do so by coming to the security entrance located nearest to our community playground, KidzStock. When you arrive, call the phone number posted on the door and a member of our Security Team will come and assist you.
- TEXT-TO-GIVE - Text the amount you would like to give to 770.629.0355 and follow the instructions on the screen.
- MAIL - You can also mail your financial gift to 11905 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30188.
How to Help?
Our church has already found incredible ways to love and serve our community during these challenging times, while abiding by the latest updates provided by our local, state, and national authorities. Our staff will continue to lead the way and take every possible opportunity to meet the needs of our community.
Remember, you can always see the most important information by visiting our website at fbcw.org.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is, Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31 (CSB)
Thank you for being so flexible and supportive during this unprecedented time. Our faith is in God. We know He will provide for us every step of the way. He is faithful, dependable, and reliable. One day we will look back on this moment – and with unity and love – we will celebrate God’s goodness and faithfulness.
From Pastor Jeremy and the First Baptist Woodstock Staff
About First Baptist Church Woodstock:
First Baptist Woodstock is a part of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC). We want to be a church that reflects the love of Jesus Christ and his love to our community.
For more information about this topic, please call the Office of the Executive Pastor at (770) 926-4428, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.